Join Chris Voell for the second session in our 5-Session Organics Management Master Class Series exploring the opportunity to convert digester biogas into compressed natural gas (CNG) for use as vehicle fuel. This presentation examines biogas to CNG technology, the financial gain associated with this system, the cost of vehicle conversion, financial incentives available, and the environmental and community benefits associated with decreasing gasoline and diesel use.
With electricity prices falling and expected gasoline and diesel price increases, conversion to CNG for vehicle fleet fueling offers one of the most attractive financial and environmental opportunities available to digester biogas owners. Converting 50 cfm of biogas to CNG can provide approximately 200 gasoline gallon equivalents (GGEs) per day, and its use can save 50% the cost of gasoline or diesel, as well as lowering greenhouse gas emissions ~85-90% when compared to diesel. Now, thanks to new systems entering the market, biogas flows as low as 50 cfm can be upgraded to produce fuel that can be used for CNG fuel, natural gas engines, boilers, and other energy production, opening up new possibilities for small to medium-sized on-farm or centralized digesters.
This webcast will explore the concepts, technologies, and opportunities associated with conversion of digester biogas into compressed natural gas (CNG) for use as vehicle fuel. Within this discussion, Voell will outline the technology for converting biogas to compressed natural gas, as well as discuss the attributes of successful biogas to compressed natural gas projects, cost of vehicle conversion, financial incentives and gains, and the environmental and community benefits.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives.
- Understanding of available technology for converting biogas to compressed natural gas (CNG)
- Understanding of the financial basics of a biogas to CNG system
- Understanding of the environmental benefits of CNG vs. diesel/gasoline
- Understanding of successful biogas to CNG project attributes
Organics Management Master Class Series
This presentation is the second module in our Organics Management Master Class Series. Currently, we are offering the full Master Class Series at a discounted rate. If you are interested in purchasing the full Master Class Series, you can find information and the registration link here.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are. Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.