Sponsored by: Watershed Geo
As a landfill operator or owner tasked with maintaining your cover system beyond the routine post-closure operating events, you know that traditional soil covers can be just one drought or heavy storm away from failure. Perpetual care is essential…but it’s costly.
Join speaker Mike Ayers for a FREE webcast exploring how you can use a hybrid, advanced geosynthetic cover solution (instead of soil cover or other exposed cover options) to reduce your post-closure costs, improve your gas collection, and reduce your leachate production.
In this webcast, we’ll start with a discussion of the key components, design elements, and landfill cover applications of hybrid geosynthetic cover solutions. Ayers will walk us through the best management practices for selecting and installing this hybrid solution to maximize your landfill’s performance and operations pre- and post-closure, including: improving landfill gas collection, reducing leachate production, improving long-term slope stabilization, and minimizing maintenance. We’ll take a look at the long-term care financial models and real-world cost-savings estimates (operational and maintenance), and how you can apply these to estimate your pre- and post-closure care savings. Finally, Ayers will take us on a tour of the real-world applications, projects, and results throughout the United States, and how you can apply these same solutions (and benefits) to your landfill.
Attendees can expect the discussion and education of the following learning objectives:
- Understand the key components and applications of hybrid geosynthetic cover systems.
- Learn the best practices to achieve operational efficiencies with hybrid geosynthetic cover systems.
- Gain the long-term care financial models (30 years and perpetual) for final cover system alternatives, and how to apply them to your estimates.
- Learn how to eliminate long-term stability issues (compared to traditional Subtitle D systems).
- Learn how to eliminate gas pressure build-up with surficial gas collection, improving collection (e.g., containment, capture, and output).
- Learn how to reduce your leachate volumes through closing in increments, resulting in environmental and financial advantages.
Based in Alpharetta, GA, Watershed Geo is an innovative environmental and civil technologies company specializing in engineered geosynthetic solutions for waste containment, erosion control, and soil stabilization. Watershed Geo’s portfolio of products include ClosureTurf® for municipal and industrial landfill closures, and coal combustion residual landfill/impoundment closures, HydroTurf® advanced revetment system for high hydraulic shear protections and VersaCap® for intermediate landfill odor prevention, emission control, and leachate reduction.
For more information on our products, visit Watershed Geo at: www.watershedgeo.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Presentations are scheduled for approximately one hour with a 15-20 minute question and answer session to follow. Presentation may exceed scheduled time.
* Each state and certification agency has different requirements; it is your responsibility to know what they are.
Note that 1 PDH = 0.1 CEU.